Friday, July 18, 2008

Howdy,

This is so funny not only because it is part of the
Apollo history that I actually thought I knew pretty well :)

But, doubly funny as Jan, my wife--sent it to me today. hehehe indeed. LOL

Today my brother Bryan would be 50--please pray for him.

Tomorrow my brother, sister, and I are going to a joint Class of 70's High School reunion and dance---
Alicia 1970
Mike 1972
Daniel--aka Danny, but never Dan--1974
Bryan 1976

I am not a fan of these things, but want to spend the day with my brother and sister and remember Bryan--we all had many of the same teachers in a relatively small school where everyone knew everyone----and so many families had several kids in each class like us, so it should be an interesting mix---in Waco, my Shechem.

thank God for the bits of humor He gives to get us going on certain days eh

thanks for laughing and crying with me--most of all for praying with and for me and my family

love,
daniel



July 20, 1969, as commander of the Apollo 11 lunar module, NeilArmstrong was the first person to set foot on the moon.His first words after stepping on the moon, 'that's one small step forman, one giant leap for mankind,' were televised to earth and heard bymillions.But just before he reentered the lander, he made theenigmatic remark 'good luck, Mr. Gorky.'Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning somerival sovietcosmonaut.However, upon checking, there was no Gorky in eitherthe Russian or American space programs.Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the 'goodluck,Mr. Gorky'...statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.On July 5,1995, in Tampa Bay,Florida, while answering questions following aspeech, a reporter brought up the 26-year-old question to Armstrong.This time he finally responded.Mr. Gorky had died, so NeilArmstrong felt he could answer the question.In 1938 when he was a kid in a small mid-west town, he was playingbaseball with a friend in the backyard.His friend hit the ball, which landedin his neighbor's yard by the bedroom windows.His neighbors were Mr. and Mrs. Gorky.As he leaned down to pick up the ball,young Armstrong heard Mrs. Gorky shouting at Mr. Gorky.'Sex! You want sex?! You'll get sex when the kid next door walks on themoon!'True story.

Jan

No comments: